Thursday, March 16, 2006

Jack needs YOUR help!

The Washington Times (I need a shower after linking them on my blog) has a letter written by Jack Abramoff and sent to "a limited number of [his] friends". The letter asks for character references to be sent to Judge Paul Huck for consideration in the penalty phase of Abramoff's trial.

I just wonder at the efficacy of letters to the judge by associates of Mr. Abramoff. Are there any who are not tainted by scandal and corruption?

Does anyone else find it ironic that one of the close associates of Mr. Abramoff, Tom Delay, threatened the judges who refused to insert the feeding tube of Terri Schiavo. His statement at the time was:
"This loss happened because our legal system did not protect the people who need protection most, and that will change. The time will come for the men responsible for this to answer for their behavior,"
To be clear here the judges responsible for honoring Mr. Schiavo's request to not keep his wife a living vegetable were predominately based in Florida. Will we now have the spectacle of Mr. Delay writing a Florida judge with a character reference and asking for leniency in sentencing his pal Jack? Will he threaten Judge Huck if the sentence is too strict in Delay's opinion?

I've been wracking my brain for a creative letter I would write on behalf of Abramoff, but I simply am at a loss for words... I'll be watching Gen. JC Christian, Patriot for what I'm sure will be an entirely appropriate response to the appeal from Abramoff for a letter to the judge...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]