Monday, November 27, 2006

Civil or not?

I'm certain that with all the talking heads chattering about whether or not the situation in Iraq constitutes a civil war yet, the title of this post would lead readers to conclude that I'm tossing my two cents into that debate. I'm not. It is a civil war and that's all there is to it.

What this post is about actually is to wonder at how we can expect domestic politics to proceed in a civil manner. This question comes to mind due to the atrocious consequences of this Presidents administration and the terms that will shape future debates of these issues.

How can someone be civil while accusing the opposite side of the aisle of supporting policies responsible for the needless deaths of thousands. Can you be civil while deploring institutionalized torture? Try being civil while accusing the President of knowingly and blatantly breaking the law on multiple occasions and being proud of doing so.

You see, I've been on the other side of this type of debate. I remember the outrageous histrionics of the koolaid drinkers when Bill Clintons dalliance was all the rage of the nation. They seriously lost their kool and there are many many examples of this. Ann Coulter and her cadre were seriously unhinged!

So how are we who now seek to expose the failings of the Worst. President. Ever. supposed to keep this civil? Is that even possible?

I see the horrible state of affairs in Iraq and I find it hard to stay civil. My soul cries out to stand on the rooftop and scream condemnation for those who have led America to this. My nation, which I have always loved (I get goose bumps when I hear the national anthem sung well) has been led to disaster by a pigheaded man who did this by tossing over 200 years of policy and experience out the window... in the name of fear! My nation has been led to disaster and split along partisan lines by men who explicitly approve of the torture of prisoners. I'm supposed to stay civil with my discourse? HOW?!

So it comes down to this question: Exactly how do you accuse someone of being a murderous, torture loving, impeachable, dunderhead in a civil manner? If you know the answer to this please please please let me know.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]