Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Congress: Cut off funding for Gitmo

I propose that the Congress specifically reject funding for the detainee center in Guantanamo Bay. I would like to see them spell out that no part of funding for any other programs are to be spent in order to continue the detainee center, beyond zeroing out funding for the detention center in particular. Further Congress needs to include language that specifies if the President attaches a signing statement to the defense appropriations bill that would include this language that the entire bill is rendered null and void.

This may not be original thinking on my part, but I have yet to hear this proposed. I would just like to do my part to put a good idea out there.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]