Friday, March 21, 2008

Eugene Oregon Welcomes The Next President Of The United States, Senator Obama

Senator Barack Obama is going to be giving a speech tonight at Mac Court in my hometown of Eugene.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend because I work late hours... and by the time I can get to the scene it will be a freaking mad house.

On the bright side, the next time Senator Obama comes to town there is a very good chance that I won't have any scheduling conflict because my job as a customer service agent has been outsourced to Panama and the Phillipines. I can't say who I work for until we have parted ways, but suffice to say that it is a company which has been known for the better part of a century as all American. Our center found out a couple of weeks ago that our final day would be April 30. Starting that day our customers will have a one in three chance of reaching an office in the United States when they call customer service.

To be honest with you, I am being given a nice severence and the job was hardly the top of the food chain when it comes to careers. But the next time you call customer service and reach a call center overseas, think of me standing in line to see an Obama event... because the powers that be have outsourced my job!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]